Friday, July 21, 2006

Citypaper, 7/20/06

I'm all over the paper this week.

The Israeli-Lebanese conflict unfortunately cancelled a planned weekend of shows featuring four Lebanese improvisers being brought to town by Soundfield's Gene Coleman. I had interviewed Gene and Dustin Hurt of Bowerbird, who was co-producing the Philly leg of the project, and the story was filed mere moments before I heard of the bombs falling. Of course, the event was postponed, and I quickly scrambled to write this updated piece.

And there's a preview of Sunday's Ars Nova show headlined by experimental noisefreaks Death Unit.

I also interviewed Matt Gaffney, author of a new book on crosswords and their creators.

You want movies? I've got five reviews for flicks screening in the second week of the Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (ten for the first week are here), and one for the rollicking soccer doc Once In A Lifetime.

No wonder I haven't seen the light of day lately.

No comments: