Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Citypaper, May

So I've been more neglectful tha ever this month, so I'm just going to catch up with a month-long update for each publication. In addition to these, I have a review of the Rova Orkestrova "Electric Ascension" show at I-House in this month's Downbeat. They don't post it online, so I can't link. But trust me. It's there.

Now, as for CP in the month of May...

The May 10 issue merely had an Art Agenda pick for Dina Matos McGreevey's book signing. I was asked to do it - wouldn't have chosen this one myself - and couldn't force myself to do much more than skim the book. Just can't see why anyone should care.

May 17 was devoid of me altogether, but May 24 had a sidebar on I-House's Alexandro Jodorowsky double feature, a review of the third Pirates of the Caribbean, a Pick for Justin Berger's F! and another for Z'EV at I-House.

And finally, the May 31 issue had Soundadvice mentions for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum at North Star, Uncle Woody Sullender and Kevin Davis' banjo/cello duo at the Pageant: Soloveev gallery, and the Billy Bang, Barry Altschul, Joe Fonda FAB Trio at I-House, which Bang no-showed, leading to one-off performance with solos, a duo, and a trio with Rudresh Mahanthappa, whose quartet shared the bill; a Pick for Dutch lute player Jozef van Wissem; and a short feature on the Electro-Music Festival at the Cheltenham Art Center.

No comments: