Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rondo Award Nomination



Some of you may remember the cover story I wrote in the summer of 2008 about Malatesta's Carnival of Blood, the long-lost, delirious horror film shot at the former Willow Grove Amusement Park. Well, I recently retooled and expanded that article for Video Watchdog magazine, and that piece has now been nominated for "Best Article of 2009" in the 8th annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards. As a long-time VW reader and subscriber, it was a thrill for me just to be included in the magazine's pages, so being nominated among VW contributors like Stephen Bissette and Kim Newman is quite an honor.

You can read my article and those of my three fellow VW nominees here.

Ballot for the Rondo Award is here, and I'd greatly appreciate your taking the time to vote for me. Ballot-stuffing is frowned upon, so try and vote in as many of the categories as possible - plenty of worthy nominees across the board. Voting closes at midnight on Saturday, April 3.

No comments: